Can Green Gobbler Kill Drain Flies?
There is a pool of pest killer products on the market. No wonder why we get carried away by deceiving labels, “We will solve your pest problems.”
Further, when dealing with the vexing drain flies, you may find yourself at sixes and sevens. Picking the right product to kill drain flies can be challenging at this point.
Each product you glance at looks like the next best pest control chemical. As such, homeowners often question the efficacy of the most popular US product.
Fortunately, the Green Gobbler is perfect for removing drain flies that cling to drains, pipes, and toilets.
Read on to know more about its potency in the guide below.
What Is a Green Gobbler?
Green Gobbler, a New York-based company, manufactures several cleaning products that meet your home maintenance needs. One of the most popular and beloved products, however, is the Green Gobbler Fruit Fly Killer.
- KILL FRUIT & DRAIN FLIES: Fruit Fly Killer is a convenient formula that kills the fruit flies, drain flies, and sewer flies that make their home inside the hidden spaces of your drains. Get rid of them once and for all with this easy-to-use gel formula that will trap and kill flies, stopping infestations in their tracks.
- SAFE FOR PIPES & SEPTIC SYSTEMS: Fruit Fly Killer is a non-caustic, non-corrosive formula that kills pesky flies on contact without corroding your pipes, drains, garbage disposals, or septic systems.
- CITRONELLA-BASED GEL: This thick gel product is made from a natural fly killing ingredient (Citronella) that will cling to the inside of your pipes and coat fruit & drain flies, killing them with ease!
- EASY TO APPLY: Just apply approximately 8 ounces (1 cup) of product into the drain preferably during time of least usage. Ensure you apply the formula to all sides of the drain, allowing it to coat and cling to pipe walls. Repeat daily until desired results are achieved.
- 30 DAY HASSLE FREE RETURNS: We value our customers and we stand behind ALL of our products 100% with no questions asked. If you are not pleased, simply contact us with your order number and we will reimburse you in FULL!
Don’t be swayed by its name. It may work excellent to get rid of the intimidating fruit flies; it works just as well for eliminating drain flies.
This product comes in the form of a thick gel and features natural citronella oil in it. When applied to drains, pipes, and toilets, its advanced formula covers the entire surface and kills the flies it finds on its way.
You can use it safely for your floor drains, toilets, shower drains, and garbage disposals.
The best part? It doesn’t only remove the mature drain flies but also destroys their eggs and larvae, treating the very source of infestation.
Certainly, the best way to get rid of drain flies is to deprive them of the places they thrive and feed on. Luckily, the Green Gobbler spreads onto all the hard-to-reach areas and targets hidden pests.
Does Green Gobbler Fruit Fly Killer Work to Eliminate Drain Flies?
People often use the terms fruit flies and drain flies interchangeably because they have a lot in common for the homeowners: they are small, unsightly, and annoying.
Nonetheless, the appearance and habitat set them both apart. Fruit flies typically feed on decomposing fruits, and drain flies love moisture and organic materials.
Besides, the former is typically tan or brown-colored and less fuzzy, while the latter is hairy and grey or black-colored.
Although they differ significantly in what they eat and how they look, they are pests by the end of the day, and the methods used to kill them do not vary.
Green Gobbler is a robust solution that magically kills fruit flies; it doesn’t work any differently to eliminate drain flies.
How to Use Green Gobbler to Remove Drain Flies?
There is no secret sauce to using this viscous, colorless liquid. But of course, following the right method is the key to making the entire process successful. Follow the tips below to get the job done.
- Although Green Gobbler is environmentally friendly and safe, it is always better to use it with caution. Make sure you wear rubber gloves to avoid skin irritation.
- Pour around 9 ounces into the drain and toilet you want to clean
- Coat all the sides of the drain pipes and toilet
- If you haven’t used the drains in long, try leaving the product overnight
- The product will actively target all the drain flies, their eggs, and larvae living in the drain and toilet.
- Repeat the process regularly until you get rid of drain flies permanently.
Note that the idea “It works overnight” sounds tempting, but it isn’t realistic enough, typically if you have severe drain fly infestation.
Rarely has any homeowner reported a solution working for them after a single flush. Therefore, you need to be patient as it may take two weeks or even a month.
We highly recommend using this product in the long run – as a precautionary measure. Not only will it kill the drain flies, but it will prevent your drain pipes and toilet from unwanted clogs and bacteria buildup.
Maximize Its Usage!
Although pouring the Green Gobbler properly and following the practice frequently will work for you, there is always room for improvement.
Because the solution, like any other product on the market, isn’t a miracle formula. You can follow a few tips to utilize it to your maximum advantage and expedite your success.
That said, here are a few ways to maximize the usage of the Green Gobbler.
- Avoid pouring the solution just about anywhere. Make sure you first identify the source of infestation. Is it the toilet bowl, shower drain, septic tank, or outdoor sink?
- Can you spot a stagnant water body anywhere closer to your home? If yes, consider removing the water or contact a professional water removal company.
- Is your drain blocked? There’s no point in pouring the entire solution down the drain if it is clogged in the first place. Unclogging a drain improves the product’s efficacy and kills the pests faster.
- Use a strong bristled brush to scrub the drain, pipes, or toilet bowl.
- To achieve maximum results, consider applying the product at the end of the day so you can leave the solution overnight.
- 8-9 ounces works perfectly at the beginning. Later, you can reduce this amount to 4-5 ounces.
- Repeat the process regularly unless you get rid of drain flies permanently
Alternative Methods to Eliminate Drain Flies
If you’re looking for ways other than Green Gobbler to battle drain flies, consider a few home remedies. You can create a solution with the products already available in your home.
For instance, boiling water, bleach, vinegar, and baking soda can give you a miraculous solution.
Nonetheless, such solutions are liquid and not in gel form, which indicates they’ll flow down the drains pretty quickly. So, if you choose to go with any natural remedies, consider applying them twice or thrice a day for the best results.
Because Green Gobbler is a popular product among most US households, people often question if it works to eliminate drain flies.
While its name can trick you into believing it targets fruit flies only, it is excellent for removing drain flies, too.
However, the time it takes to get rid of the fuzzy guests may vary depending on the severity of the infestation; it won’t take more than a month, nonetheless.
But it is always better to keep using the solution permanently.